Getting started with CREON 36K
When determining an appropriate CREON starting dose, consider your
- Usually, half of the prescribed CREON dose for an individualized full meal should be given with each snack.1
CREON should be taken during every meal and snack1
Meals and snacks are for illustrative purposes only.
After starting your patient on CREON, follow up as early as 7 days to assess the need for a dose adjustment*
CREON dosage should be individualized and adjusted based on1:
When adjusting the dosage, prescribe a dose within the recommended range based on patient weight1†
Download the CREON 36K dosing summary
Dosing and administration considerations
- CREON should always be taken with food. CREON should not be crushed or chewed.
- Usually, half of the prescribed CREON dose for an individualized full meal should be given with each snack.
- If a CREON dose is missed, the next dose should be taken with the next meal. Doses should not be doubled.
- Total daily dose should not exceed 10,000 lipase units/kg body weight/day unless clinically indicated.‡
Instructions for patients who have a hard time swallowing capsules
If your patients have problems swallowing CREON capsules, you can guide them with the following steps:
Hold the capsule upright so that you can read the word CREON on the capsule.
Carefully twist off the top portion of the capsule over the food you plan to eat.
Sprinkle the contents of the capsule on a small amount of room temperature acidic food such as applesauce. Ask your doctor about other foods you can mix with CREON. Do not crush the contents of the capsules.
Swallow the CREON soft food mixture right away without chewing and drink enough water or juice to make sure the contents of the capsules are swallowed completely. Do not store CREON that is mixed with food.